.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Honeymoon Diaries

...it's not just where we go or what we do, it's being together at these places and experiencing new things together that's really the heart of the adventure...

Saturday, May 24, 2008

On A Roll For The Summer

The week after our Phuket holiday, we were once again at the beach. This time it was Koh Samet for a farewell party for one of our friends here in Bangkok. It was but an overnight trip but I could fairly say, this was a more relaxed vacation than Phuket. For one, we were booked at a resort with a private beach (Moo Baan Talay Resort) so shuttling Jianna to and from the beach or the pool was easier.

Our friends picked us up from our home at about 5AM and we proceeded to pick up all the others before heading out of town. Everyone was asleep during the first half of the trip save maybe for me, who was nursing Jianna way in the back seat of the van. I did get some sleep - maybe 30 minutes. On our stopover at a gas station, I finally managed to guzzle down some coffee to keep me awake for the rest of the day.

As soon as we arrived at the resort, we immediately stripped Jianna down to her swimsuit and ran for the beach. When the sun got too high, we moved her to the pool where she had fun riding her floater. And then it was nap time! We forgot to bring the baby monitor so I had to stay with her while she slept. Need I say, I got really bored just sitting there. But oh well, that's what moms do I guess. I should have taken a nap, but with the coffee I drank sleep just wasn't about to come to me.

For lunch, we headed to the floating restaurant. It was a 10 minute walk I think, but it sure felt like an hour, as once again the sun was pounding on our backs. Sweat was trickling over me and Jianna and I were melting into each other as I carried her. But the sight of the restaurant was certainly refreshing. The place was up on stilts over the water and every tabletop was of glass and had no floor underneath so you can see the water and the fishes. And the food was delicious, too!

The afternoon was once again spent lounging around the pool until it was time for dinner. Dinner was at another beach cove so we had to take a cab ride. We dined on the beach in the usual Koh Samet style, with fire dance performances and videoke music in the background. Since we had Jianna with us, we had to return to the resort ahead of the group to put Jianna to sleep. And as soon as she was settled, JM and I took a stroll on the beach. It was romantic. Sigh.

We had first dibs on the beach again the following morning so Jianna could take advantage of the sun not having risen so yet. Breakfast was on the lazy side, we all lingered after the meal and had a few good laughs. Then it was time to pack up. After a hurried lunch, we set off on the speedboat back to mainland. And oh yeah, Jianna loved riding the speedboat -- this baby of ours seems to have the taste for speed and adventure, I could see her bungee jumping as soon as she's old enough!

I would give anything to have this kind of holiday again. I loved every hectic moment of it. And most of all, I loved that JM and I had some time to rekindle the romance. *wink*

4 Comments:

Anonymous abby said...

awww, kasama na si Jianna sa travels nyo! glad to see you're back posting jenn! :)

9:09 AM  
Blogger arcibald said...

ang laki na niya hehehe at mukha na siyang thai!

8:08 AM  
Blogger chin said...

hi abby! hi archie! thanks for dropping by.

archie, kelan ka ulit balik dito? di ka na nagpaparinig a.

11:35 PM  
Blogger arcibald said...

labas-pasok ako laos ngayon. almost every month ata hehehe
anyway will be back in laos this 3rd week of june, not sure lang kung makatambay sa bangkok.

nung nasa bangkok ata ako ng matagal, umuwi ka yata nun :-)

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home